Tom Lewandowski sighting!

Chat about anything related to the QuestStudios Archive, Classic PC Games, MIDI, Etc.

Moderator: Quest Studios Archive moderators

Spikey

Tom Lewandowski sighting!

Post by Spikey »

Hey folks,

For those who were old time QuestStudios people, you will know why this is noteworthy - Tom has been incommunicado for a very long time.

Not only was he sighted over at the VOGONS forums, he's apparently getting back into composition, which seems significant, and hopefully has significance for Sierra soundtracks some time in the future, too.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=80560 is the relevant thread.
Ari
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Re: Tom Lewandowski sighting!

Post by Ari »

That's great news!
DrJ
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by DrJ »

Oh wow! That's interesting.. I wonder what made him come back... Maybe he went pandemic crazy too :)
jaffa225man
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by jaffa225man »

DrJ wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:34 pm Oh wow! That's interesting.. I wonder what made him come back... Maybe he went pandemic crazy too :)
That's certainly a plausible excuse for me. ;) Anyway, this is great news, and thanks for the link Spikey!
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Without wishing to speak FOR the man, I suspect he's been away from the hobby long enough that it's interesting again. I went through a similar thing with about 5 years away from it in the early 2010s.

Although, he's returning to composing, not QuestStudios work per se, so maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself! :) But the fact that he's on old hardware and feeling good about using his MT-32 and SC-D70 (didn't know he had one!) are good signs. I have a new studio to finish setting up and talk about at some point, too.
andrew603
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by andrew603 »

Nice post, great to hear from Tom in any fashion!