The Dr. T Editor/Librarian Manual

Chat about anything related to the QuestStudios Archive, Classic PC Games, MIDI, Etc.

Moderator: Quest Studios Archive moderators

jaffa225man
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

The Dr. T Editor/Librarian Manual

Post by jaffa225man »

The listing said that it's for the software v2.0 (February 1988) for the Commodore Amiga and there are 70 numbered pages, as well as a "PROMO" stamped on the title page. My hope is that this is a full manual containing all the information; I'm not too worried about later typo corrections. Does anyone have one not stamped with "PROMO" and know the usual number of pages? I'm guessing this is a long shot, since the software is so old, but this is the forum to ask! :) Maybe soon I'll have a handle on programming the Roland MT-32 (and family) without just tweaking Dr. T values and testing. I figure the Amiga (or even Atari ST) version should be similar enough to use with the DOS version I got from queststudios.

Thanks,

Lucas
jaffa225man
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Re: The Dr. T Editor/Librarian Manual

Post by jaffa225man »

For the longest time, I was curious just what was in Dr. T's MT-32 Editor/Librarian, mostly because of what Tom wrote about it on his queststudios MT-32 Resource Center Utilities page:
My favorite DOS-based MT-32 editor! This program is no longer available from the publisher, Lilly Freelance Software, and that's a shame. For anyone with a MT-32 who likes to work with patch banks, this is the software to have! Unfortunately, I can't include the rather large manual, which provides an extensive and exhaustive reference to everything one would want to know about the MT-32.
The program itself had been allowed to be shared for free, but I had yet to find the manual. I got lucky and was able to buy it recently, as you may be aware.

Since then, I was given permission from Bob Melvin, himself, to create a PDF of it and make it available for free. The quality of my PDF could've been better, but as this is my first attempt creating a PDF from printed material I think it went quite well.

Here it is for everyone (for free/gratis)!: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2uObE ... LQs5SHb6qg

Thanks to Bob Melvin for allowing free distribution of his copyrighted manual! :D
Last edited by jaffa225man on Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaffa225man
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Re: The Dr. T Editor/Librarian Manual

Post by jaffa225man »

Andrew, I just noticed you have already resurrected that page (at http://www.midimusicadventures.com/ques ... utilities/). If you'd like, I'd be happy to have you host the pdf there. :D