MIDI Editing Software

Chat about anything related to the QuestStudios Archive, Classic PC Games, MIDI, Etc.

Moderator: Quest Studios Archive moderators

jaffa225man
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Re: MIDI Editing Software

Post by jaffa225man »

Spikey wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:57 pm Jaffa, Digital Orchestrator Pro is what I used to use. It's 16-bit though I think. If it does work 32-bit, it is scaled for old resolution screens and shows up too small. Record Producer fixes this, it's 90% the same as DOP with a new skin and a few new useful features.
Yeah my "Digital Orchestrator" system requirements are "Windows 3.1, 95 or NT" and a "486 DX2/66 or higher," so 16-bit is probable. As most of my windows computers are aged, I'm sure that will work nicely if I ever want to use windows. I do have some w10 machines, however I think, they should still be capable of lowering the resolution enough.

Nevertheless, I'll keep an eye out for Record Producer. That's probably much trickier to install, though sadly, since my early reading on it mentioned that it performs online activation with now-defunct servers.

Thanks Spikey!
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

It's easy. There's a simple registry hack which removes the registration.
jaffa225man
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by jaffa225man »

Spikey wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:06 am It's easy. There's a simple registry hack which removes the registration.
Thanks, that's good to be aware of! I dislike any form of planned obsolescence, as most of the software and hardware I'm interested in is getting on in years. :)