Welcome!

Chat about anything related to the QuestStudios Archive, Classic PC Games, MIDI, Etc.

Moderator: Quest Studios Archive moderators

Alderem
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Re: Welcome!

Post by Alderem »

goatmeal1 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:40 pm
Spikey wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:30 pm Correct re KQ8, but KQ7 is 95% MIDI. The reason Tom never recorded it was I believe because of its length. It has something like 100 pieces (~70 for a typical soundtrack release with some merged tracks). I would love to do it someday, but it's a pain in the proverbial. ;)
Thanks for the correction. I haven't played KQ7, so I really should have investigated that further before making the claim. Glad to have you back, Spikey! :)
Tom did record at least one piece from KQ7: The land beyond dreams theme, titled "INTRODUCTION" and posted as KQ7GM1.ZIP around August 1997.
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

I meant "recorded it" as in a "complete soundtrack". :) He recorded Dragon's Flight and possibly a few others as well.

Thanks for the Athyr files and background!
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Hey, guys. I didn't actually realize The QS archive had forums! Good to be "back"! :D
BrandonBlume.com - My music
SC-55 Music Packs - Music packs for DOS game source ports
jaffa225man
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by jaffa225man »

MusicallyInspired wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:44 pm Hey, guys. I didn't actually realize The QS archive had forums! Good to be "back"! :D
It's great that you found us! Although I never wrote to you before, I read your posts with great interest, back then. :)
HamJamSpamalot
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by HamJamSpamalot »

Does anyone also have the music files for Conquests of the Longbow?
goatmeal1
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by goatmeal1 »

HamJamSpamalot wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:58 pm Does anyone also have the music files for Conquests of the Longbow?
Sent you a PM.

~Goatmeal