Welcome!

Chat about anything related to the QuestStudios Archive, Classic PC Games, MIDI, Etc.

Moderator: Quest Studios Archive moderators

andrew603
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome!

Post by andrew603 »

Welcome to our little message board!

Feel free to congregate here and discuss QuestStudios and MIDI related things!

We will be refining these message boards in the future with further categories.

I just wanted to get something online we could use to discuss on.
Last edited by andrew603 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caliburn
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Re: Welcome!

Post by Caliburn »

Proud to be the second one to register! Thanks, Andrew, for this wonderful effort to restore Quest Studios' legacy of work. I will be happy to help.

Hello, hello to any Quest Studios folks out there, or newcomers! :D
Spikey

Post by Spikey »

Good to see this a reality. I was considering doing it with the help of some Sierra friends, but I have my own work to do, so to speak. I will help with this website as much as I can, however.

Thanks Andrew, Luke, John and the others involved. And yes, TOM L of course. :D
TermingBoss
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by TermingBoss »

I am very happy that the Quest Studios will still be online and updated.

Will you celebrate the 20th anniversary for Quest Studios this year?

I hope that you will extract the music from Phantasmagoria and Phantasmagoria 2 soon.

Why is there a login dialog when I click on the MIDI-music links?

I wish you good luck and I hope to see new soundtracks on a regular basis, Andrew!
andrew603
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by andrew603 »

Thanks all. Welcome to the new QuestStudios Forums! I appreciate the feedback and support, really!

~~~~
TermingBoss wrote:I am very happy that the Quest Studios will still be online and updated.

Will you celebrate the 20th anniversary for Quest Studios this year?

I hope that you will extract the music from Phantasmagoria and Phantasmagoria 2 soon.

Why is there a login dialog when I click on the MIDI-music links?

I wish you good luck and I hope to see new soundtracks on a regular basis, Andrew!
Sure, we should do something special for the 20th anniversary. I am open to suggestions, If you would like, feel free to make a new topic about that!

I'll see what I can do about Phantasmagoria.

There is a login dialog on some of the pages because I do not want to make them public yet, as all I have on the website at the moment for that content are placeholder and directory listing pages. I do not want to publish an unfinished and unpolished webpage just to provide download links. I want to provide as full and complete content as I possibly can. Unfortunately that takes some time. All I can ask is that we be patient as I try to get more and more of the archive online. :)

Thanks!

~Andrew
jaffa225man
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by jaffa225man »

Thanks very much for keeping this great resource online! I was sad to hear it may not be coming back, even for that short while.
GhostRider

Post by GhostRider »

I'm happy to see that all of this music is being kept online, available for everyone to enjoy. Thank you for getting this set up, and hosting all of the soundtracks. :mrgreen:
Roy

Post by Roy »

I am very glad to see that the content of the Quest Studios site is back. Well done!
I especially liked the old forum, which contained so much valuable information. Are there any plans to also resurrect the old forum?
andrew603
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by andrew603 »

Thanks all, you're welcome.

Unfortunately, I do not have any of the data for the old forum. I do however have plans to get something in place as a substitute for some of that lost knowledge once I have all the Digital and MIDI soundtracks online. I was thinking of a WIKI or FAQ style section, documenting issues I've ran into over the years with my synth collection. Hopefully it will come to fruition.

On that note, I should be getting some more soundtracks posted soon.

Thanks!
~Andrew
HamJamSpamalot
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by HamJamSpamalot »

Hello, i'm new to this forum and I've been looking on the website multiple times a day for the last week to check for new updates. Will there be more content coming up sooner or later?