Roland CM-64 tricks

Chat about anything related to the QuestStudios Archive, Classic PC Games, MIDI, Etc.

Moderator: Quest Studios Archive moderators

Spikey

Re: Roland CM-64 tricks

Post by Spikey »

Thanks a lot Lucas! :) I will get back to you in the coming months, coming to the end of my college semester here.

I wasn't wanting to hear incompatibilities, more the higher reverb, and the potential for sound to be different, IIRC.

As for SysEx, as time has gone on, I acquired a tool to extract the proper SysEx out of Sierra games. Sending them made me realise Tom's SysEx's all added in to lower the master volume, which isn't present in any Sierra game, outside of maybe Bequest and Willy.

I have the master Willy SysEx somewhere, if you need/want it.
Thanks again for your hard work :)
jaffa225man
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Re: Roland CM-64 tricks

Post by jaffa225man »

Spikey wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:51 am Thanks a lot Lucas! :) I will get back to you in the coming months, coming to the end of my college semester here.

I wasn't wanting to hear incompatibilities, more the higher reverb, and the potential for sound to be different, IIRC.

As for SysEx, as time has gone on, I acquired a tool to extract the proper SysEx out of Sierra games. Sending them made me realise Tom's SysEx's all added in to lower the master volume, which isn't present in any Sierra game, outside of maybe Bequest and Willy.

I have the master Willy SysEx somewhere, if you need/want it.
Thanks again for your hard work :)
You're very welcome! If I hadn't found myself in the unlikely position of owning one, I'd be just as curious as you. I could be mistaken that sierra games change master volume through SysEx, so I'll have to look at the particular messages when I notice it change. I do listen to Tom's well curated soundtracks more often than play the games, but those two games, for sure, alter it directly. Sure, if your file was created differently than capturing it as I did, it might help to compare them.

Thanks,

Lucas