Welcome!

Chat about anything related to the QuestStudios Archive, Classic PC Games, MIDI, Etc.

Moderator: Quest Studios Archive moderators

andrew603
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Welcome!

Post by andrew603 »

HamJamSpamalot wrote:Hello, i'm new to this forum and I've been looking on the website multiple times a day for the last week to check for new updates. Will there be more content coming up sooner or later?
Hi,

There will more updates soon. Hopefully the next day or two.

Personal life and work have been keeping me very busy lately which has delayed my updating of the QuestStudios Archive.

I still have a lot of content left to upload and sort through. Including all of the MIDI files.

If anyone has any specific requests of what they would like to see posted to the site next from a priority list perspective, please let me know here and I will try to move those things to the front of my todo list.

Thanks and regards,
Andrew
HamJamSpamalot
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by HamJamSpamalot »

andrew603 wrote:
HamJamSpamalot wrote:Hello, i'm new to this forum and I've been looking on the website multiple times a day for the last week to check for new updates. Will there be more content coming up sooner or later?
Hi,

There will more updates soon. Hopefully the next day or two.

Personal life and work have been keeping me very busy lately which has delayed my updating of the QuestStudios Archive.

I still have a lot of content left to upload and sort through. Including all of the MIDI files.

If anyone has any specific requests of what they would like to see posted to the site next from a priority list perspective, please let me know here and I will try to move those things to the front of my todo list.

Thanks and regards,
Andrew
That sounds great! I think I might have some suggestions:
-Quest for Glory 3, 4, 5
-Police Quest 1, 2, 3

I also have a question: On the back cover of the soundtrack of Leisure Suit Larry 6, a medley with a length of 15:36 is listed, but it's not on the website, neither has it been on the old Quest Studios website. Has it gone missing? Or perhaps it was planned but never actually done?
andrew603
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by andrew603 »

HamJamSpamalot wrote: That sounds great! I think I might have some suggestions:
-Quest for Glory 3, 4, 5
-Police Quest 1, 2, 3

I also have a question: On the back cover of the soundtrack of Leisure Suit Larry 6, a medley with a length of 15:36 is listed, but it's not on the website, neither has it been on the old Quest Studios website. Has it gone missing? Or perhaps it was planned but never actually done?
The remaining QFG soundtracks and the PQ sountracks are next on my list. :)

Regarding the Larry 6 soundtrack CD medley track, I do not seem to have the digital recording for it. However, I do know that it was part of the complete GM soundtrack MIDI, which I do have. I'll make a note to re-record it at some point in the hopefully near future.

Thanks!
HamJamSpamalot
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by HamJamSpamalot »

andrew603 wrote:
HamJamSpamalot wrote: That sounds great! I think I might have some suggestions:
-Quest for Glory 3, 4, 5
-Police Quest 1, 2, 3

The remaining QFG soundtracks and the PQ sountracks are next on my list. :)

Regarding the Larry 6 soundtrack CD medley track, I do not seem to have the digital recording for it. However, I do know that it was part of the complete GM soundtrack MIDI, which I do have. I'll make a note to re-record it at some point in the hopefully near future.

Thanks!
I then hope that will be soon! :lol:

I also hope Quest for Glory 4 & 5 will be on the website soon, because they're, along with King's Quest 8 & Conquests of Camelot, my favourite Sierra soundtracks. Speaking of which, I forgot to mention another suggestion: Conquests of the Longbow.

Also, when I looked at the King's Quest 8 page on the old Quest Studios website, that page wasn't available. I'm curious if there will be a high quality recording of the soundtrack of King's Quest 8 in the future, not just some of those lower quality rips from the game itself.
HamJamSpamalot
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by HamJamSpamalot »

Oh, and another thing:

Wasn't there a recording of the Quest for Glory II VGA remake's soundtrack by AGD Interactive available on the old Quest Studios website?
TermingBoss
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by TermingBoss »

Yes, AGDInteractive even have a link to the Quest Studios website on their page:
http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/qfg ... music.html

Andrew should inform AGDInteractive about the new location for QFG2 Remake, when it is available on this site.
Ari
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by Ari »

Glad to see there will be a continuation of old QuestStudios Message Board. It's good to be on board. ;)
andrew603
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by andrew603 »

HamJamSpamalot wrote:
I also hope Quest for Glory 4 & 5 will be on the website soon, because they're, along with King's Quest 8 & Conquests of Camelot, my favourite Sierra soundtracks. Speaking of which, I forgot to mention another suggestion: Conquests of the Longbow.

Also, when I looked at the King's Quest 8 page on the old Quest Studios website, that page wasn't available. I'm curious if there will be a high quality recording of the soundtrack of King's Quest 8 in the future, not just some of those lower quality rips from the game itself.
Unfortunately, my copy of the KQF5 digital soundtrack is incomplete. Several tracks are missing. My goals right now are still to get all the fully intact soundtracks online. I will put the incomplete stuff online afterword and attempt to "fill in the blanks" with new recordings wherever possible. That will take time.

Regarding the KQ8 Soundtrack, I am pretty sure that was an all digital soundtrack to begin with. I don't think the game had a MIDI soundtrack, as such it is not really fit to be covered here at this time.

I do have the 'Robin Hood' soundtrack so that will be posted online in the near future.

HamJamSpamalot wrote:Oh, and another thing:

Wasn't there a recording of the Quest for Glory II VGA remake's soundtrack by AGD Interactive available on the old Quest Studios website?
TermingBoss wrote:Yes, AGDInteractive even have a link to the Quest Studios website on their page:
http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/qfg ... music.html

Andrew should inform AGDInteractive about the new location for QFG2 Remake, when it is available on this site.
Unfortunately, I don't seem to have that soundtrack at all. Only the "original"? QFG2 soundtrack done by Tom. I have sent an email to AGD Interactive and am waiting for a response, maybe they have a copy of the soundtrack in higher quality than the version compressed into the game, so we can re-post it here. We'll see...
Ari wrote:Glad to see there will be a continuation of old QuestStudios Message Board. It's good to be on board. ;)
Thanks Ari, it's great to see you here!

Thanks all!
HamJamSpamalot
Quest Studios Veteran
Quest Studios Veteran

Post by HamJamSpamalot »

I just realized I had burned the Quest for Glory II VGA soundtrack on CD, so that's lucky.
If you want I can make a .zip archive of it or something.
andrew603
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by andrew603 »

HamJamSpamalot wrote:I just realized I had burned the Quest for Glory II VGA soundtrack on CD, so that's lucky.
If you want I can make a .zip archive of it or something.
That would be great! I will PM you a link where you may upload to.